::Trend Micro Threat Resource Center::

05 November 2009

Facebook best practice

I can't stress enough how important it is to take responsibility of what you post up on the Internet, especially on social networking websites. What you reveal about yourself may eventually be used against you - Refer to the earlier post I made about public search engines mining your private Facebook profile details.

I've observed that of late, many of my friends around me are plagued with this Wall posting weird activity. Facebook has provided users with powerful controls to protect themselves online, and it is up to individuals to check and ensure that appropriate settings are in place.

Sophos has published recommendations for how to configure the settings for each of these privacy areas of Facebook.

Take a look here.